Last week when I was at the health center waiting for my turn, I browsed a magazine. There was a recipe for Rhubarb-strawberry sorbet that looked good and seemed easy to do. I took my pocket camera from the bag and took a picture of it. On Saturday I made the sorbet. My husband thought there was not enough of it and suggested we have either ice cream or whipped cream with it. We had it with whipped vanilla cream. We didn’t have all of it on Saturday so today we had it again, this time without any cream, which I liked better.
My version (almost like smoothie)
1 dl water
1 dl sugar
150 g rhubarb
200 g strawberries
2 egg whites
- Wash rhubarb stalks and trim the stem and leaf ends; cut rhubarb into ½ inch pieces.
- Put rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Slice the strawberries and purée them with the cooked rhubarb mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly, put it in the freezer for an hour.
- Take it out, whisk the egg whites until stiff, stir the whipped egg whites into the mixture
- Put it in the freezer for two hours stirring it a couple of times during that time.
- Let it stay in the freezer for at least three hours before serving.
II read online, it is almost exactly the same recipe but, without egg whites and with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Next time I’ll leave the whites and add lemon.
ooooh, i wish i could have some right now! but i need to get that kind of glass first (and of course the other ingredients, LOL). 😀
thank you saxsilverain 🙂 LOL, you can scoop it up on a plate as well that’s how it was in the picture in the magazine 😀 I think a portion of the sorbet would go so well with you newest dress 🙂
Both look delicious!
Thank you Laura 😀