Last Friday I got a craving for whipped semolina lingonberry porridge. Luckily we had a package of semolina in the kitchen cabinet and lingonberries in the freezer. It’s long time since I last made the lingoberry porridge because the date of expire on the semolina package was due May 2008 ! ! I even found out the name Anna Manna does not exist anymore. It’s now Nalle Manna 🙂 I sure will make it more often from now on. It’s so quick and easy to make.
The AnnaManna recipe
1 l water
1 1/2 dl AnnaManna grits
200 g lingonberries
1-1 1/2 dl sugar ( I use 1 dl )
1/2 tsp salt
- Bring the water to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Add the semolina to the saucepan together with the berries, sugar and salt. ( I mix the berries in the blender before I add them)
- Boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. When the porridge has cooled, pour it into a mixing bowl and whip it with a hand mixer, until light.
- Serve with sugar and milk.
I like to have my porridge without sugar and milk.